“Yu, you are about to start a new path into adulthood. Do you intend to take over the Wong legacy? What do you want to do with your life?”
“I want to be just like dad. I will be the next mayor, mum.”
With that promise to herself solidly planted in her brain, Yu aged up.
– Your father would be proud if he could see you now. You are a beautiful and intelligent young woman, my daughter.
– Thank you mum. I’ll do my best to honor his memory.
– Ren, you didn’t congratulate me? You don’t think I’m beautiful?
– You certainly are.
– And you’re standing there, just raking up leaves?
– Raking up is useful. I want to make myself useful, not unnecessarily obsequious.
“I haven’t completely given up on you yet, you see.”