“Hi Johan, happy birthday!”
– I’ve brought you a disguise so you’ll put him on and follow me. We’re going to the Autumn Fair!
– Huuh… I’m sorry, but who are you?
– It’s Amelia you idiot!
– Oh! Don’t get mad at me, it’s not obvious!
“Come on, I wanted to surprise you on your birthday.”
She had chosen a thief disguise, which was not at all to Johan’s taste, but he put it on nevertheless.
– Where did you find these atrocities?
– Me and Gabe’s old wardrobe! Come, I wanna try some games!
He made a face at her and she replied the same way.
“Let’s see… What is the most ridiculous game around here?”
Amelia chose the apple game, but they soon were joined by a new opponent.
She blushed as she threw him a quick look. He was a rather cute boy.
They started chatting when the game was over. His name was Marcello and he said he was a horse riding teacher at the nearby manege.
– Oh, would you teach me then? I have always wanted to learn horse riding!
– Sure thing. Just come any time and ask for me.
Marcello had to go back to work, and Amelia was excited by the encounter.
– Jo! He is a hottie, don’t you think? Do you think I stand a chance?
– I’m not interested in men, you know. Besides, isn’t he a bit too old?
– You’re just a spoilsport, he’s only a few years older than us.
After that, she was all about Marcello: “Do you think he’s got a girlfriend? I wasn’t really at my best, was I? Maybe he’ll think I’m ugly or stupid or too young. I have to come up with a plan when I next meet him!”
As the afternoon went by, Amelia grew less and less confident.
– I’m sure he thought I was looking ridiculous, what with that outfit and stuff…
– But you won’t dress like that when you go to see him, right?
– He will probably have forgotten about me…
– You’ll remind him.
Johan became a young adult at the end of the day. And he wasn’t sure he had liked the way he had spent his last day as a teenager.