A few teenagers hanging around after class.
“Ah! Epic fail! Jeremy, stop laughing your ass off!”
“Josh, have you finished now? You can’t dunk and you know it.”
– Practice, bro, practice! You don’t have to wait for me.
– Indeed. It can be long.
Noah sighed, then spotted Emily sitting a bit apart and apparently writing in a notebook. “That’s the cutie who was with Ninny-Thingy the other day.”
As he came closer, he saw she was sketching. “Hey, what are you drawing?”
She slapped the notebook shut. “Nothing in particular.”
– Oh wow… what a let-down. Here I was, thinking hard about a good chat-up line, only to be given the cold shoulder…
– A chat-up line?
“Yeah, I know that was lame. But that’s all I could come up with, seeing you so pretty and stuff. I have my feelings, I got intimidated.”
– You’re quite the smooth talker, aren’t you?
– Oh, I’m not like that with everyone. I owe it all to you, baby.
– ‘Baby’, seriously?…
– You don’t like it? How should I call you then?
– The name’s Emily.
– Emily. Em. I like that.
“Well, my name is Noah. You might want to remember it because I have a feeling you’ll see me again. You know? Something to do with destiny and the stars and stuff.” Emily burst out laughing.
– Hahaha! You’re so stupid!
– Oh, even your contempt won’t deter me from trying.
“See you around, Emily baby.”
“Hey, don’t start calling me like that!” Noah just waved without turning round.