Belinda was so hopeless in certain subjects, like math, that even Yasmine admitted that a few remedial lessons would be useful.
The lessons were given by that university student, a born mathematician but unfortunately lacking in pedagogy. “Math are wonderful! You’ll soon discover you can’t live without!”
That passionate speech didn’t seem to inspire Belinda though. But one of her classmates was definitely passionate about something. Or rather someone.
And one thing leading to the other…
It’s not an understatement to say that Belinda was over the moon because of Joshua’s attention.
Come on, Josh! You’ve got an opening there!
– Would you like to go on a date with me?
– Yes!!… Yes yes yes!
Emily had never shaken off that habit to watch people with her telescope.
– Emily!!! You won’t believe it!!
– Geez, don’t scream like that… What is it?
“I… I’VE GOT A DATE!!”
– A date? With whom?
– With Joshua Deville! Can you believe it?! He’s in my math remedial class! That must be destiny!
– He’s asked me! Me!! It was so romantic too!
– Wait a minute…
– Doesn’t that guy have a brother by any chance? A so-called Noah?
– Yeah… I think they’re twins. Why?
It wasn’t hard to find Noah during break. He was one of those who smoked at the back of the building.
– What is it? Is smoking also forbidden in your little world?
– Your brother…
– What about Josh?
– What does he want with Belinda? If he’s anything like you…
“Aren’t you cute? You’re worried about your friend.”
“She’s not only my friend. She’s family. And she’s gullible too. I won’t let someone like you take advantage of her.”
– Well, don’t worry your pretty head anymore, Emily baby. Josh and that chick have about the same IQ. And I can tell you he’s harmless and head over heels in love with that fool.
– That’d better be true…
– I give you my word.
– Not sure what your word is worth! I came to warn you that, if your brother tries to deceive Belinda, I won’t hesitate to play it dirty as well! Who do you think people will believe if I said you tried to rape me or something?!
– I barely touched you!
– That’s only a warning, Noah.
“You’re not stupid, so don’t think I’m defenseless and that it would be easy.”
– The more I see of you, the less I think it will be easy.
– Good. Let me go now.
“Not so fast, Emily baby. You’ve just reawakened my interest in you. Are you sure you don’t wanna know where this goes?”
“Let me go! You’re sick!”
“As you wish, Emily baby…”