And so they decided to make the best out of the time they had together. “Nathaniel, wait for me!”
“We could have our own island. There are so many here that they don’t know what to do with them.”
“I like the idea.”
– You know, you’ve changed.
– How so?
– I don’t know, you look more… confident?
– Are you talking about what we just did or more generally?
“Both!! And don’t become conceited!”
– Well, I don’t think you have changed one bit. You’re still the same committed, instinctive but logical dreamer.
– I hope that’s a compliment.
– I bet we could argue around that.
– Hot topic. Let’s not.
They tried all possible activities on the island.
– The handle, Risa! Pull it down!
– Right… the handle…
“Yeah, you got it!”
“But go in a straight line!!”
– Sorry… you had a hard time, didn’t you?
– Have you got a driving license at all?
They also, erm, tried the jaccuzzi.
As much as they think themselves on a real honeymoon…
Reality would sometimes meddle in.
“Let’s go back to our room.”
“I suddenly feel the urge to lay against you.”
– It is so unfair…
– That you got me almost drowned?
“Nathaniel, I’ve been proposed to.”
– … Who is it?
– Someone from my friends’ group that I met again at Uni.
– And what was your reply?
– I haven’t replied yet…
Nathaniel remained silent for a while before he said: “I’ve met someone too.” He felt Risa jerking in his arms.
She wiped her eyes and turned over, keeping herself against him. “Hold me… Just a little longer.”
His love-making has been rough this time. And it was the first time since they got on the island that he felt the need to smoke. The rain which had been pouring the whole time had left the atmosphere less stuffy. “Nathaniel, are you okay?”
“To be honest, the thought of you with another man physically hurts.”