Old Kylian Lazlo passed away that fall.
At least, it allowed for his son and his family to take over his apartment.
Ruby aged to elder stage.
And for the first time in years, Jim Parsons took his car and his dog and went to see his handicapped son.
His visit was totally unexpected by José Luis & Cie.
José Luis was sitting in the living room with his son Oscar, trying to teach him how to talk.
– No: daddy. Daaaaa-ddy.
– You’re doing it on purpose, aren’t you?
It was Evelyne who answered the doorbell. “Good afternoon, is Sacha in?”
“You’re… his dad.”
“Sacha, your mother passed away last night.”
“I know she did you a lot of harm, and that I didn’t try anything to stop her. I’m sorry about this, and I’d like to see you a bit more before I too… have to go.”
– Erm, Evelyne, I don’t think we should stay. This should be a private conversation between Sacha and his father.
– No! I want Evelyne to stay! You can go.
– Huh, alright… I’ll be upstairs with my hands in a dirty diaper in case anyone needs me.
– Sacha, what do you think of your dad’s proposition so far?
– I’ve always liked dad better than mom… So, huh… I’m glad I guess? Is that bad?
“I think we can keep going.”
Evelyne didn’t know it, but her own father would be encountering death very soon.
But being a burial specialist, it was like meeting an old friend. “Don’t shake hands with him!” Christine despaired in the background. Ghost hunter wives are privileged to see their husbands’ last moments.
Little Oscar became a child shortly after José Luis had finally managed to get him to say ‘daddy’.
And Amelia’s pregnant.
Johan’s happy face as she tells him.
“Here’s your tea, ma’am. But… there is something in the air tonight, isn’t it?”
“Oh, do you feel it too? The Council has chosen an heir for me.”