“Erm… excuse me?”
– I have… I have a request…
“But… you are…?”
“I am Eloise, you saw me when I was little. Do you remember me?”
“Of… of course I remember you!” Of course Stella remembered. How could she forget the missing link, the answer to all her prayers? That she would come to her out of the blue…
– My father doesn’t know I’m here. But I think you’re maybe the only one who can help me, so I looked for your lab address.
– The only one who can help you? How can I do that?
– I want to understand what I am. Please take a blood sample, or whatever you need to analyze my… situation.
– Your situation?
“I feel… different from dad and mom. Actually, I know for certain that I’m different… Please… can’t you do something?”
“I’ll heat up the machine right now. And we’ll have a look at how different you are.”
As Stella began pressing buttons and pulling down handles, she noticed Eloise staring nervously behind her as she was being followed. “Eloise? Are you okay?”
Eloise stammered through gritted teeth: “Ye… yes. I’m fine.”
– Will this hurt?
– Not at all. But you may get a bit tired.
“O… okay. Then you’ll be able to analyze me?”
– I would need a little bit more time to do the analysis, dear.
– Oh… Like one hour?
– Like… one week? Maybe more? I’m sorry, I can’t say.
“This must be my lucky day! I can’t believe I’m finally getting my hands on her DNA.”
“Ooookay… we’re almost there…”
“And here’s the data!”
“Look at this baby!”
– Is this data about me?
– Yup! Everything that you are is in there!
“I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am that you came to see me!”
– You promise you’ll call me when you have finished working on it?
– And you won’t tell my father?
– Why would I?