The receptionist and her friend were discussing the benefits of lip balm, and this was apparently a hot topic. They were interrupted by Nathaniel’s arrival at the desk.
“Hi Maria, anything in the post for me today?”
“Mr. Golzine…! Erm, yes, there was some but I handed everything over to the office manager. You’ll find your post on your desk, I believe.”
“Alright, I’ll pop in upstairs then.”
– I’m sorry, in the future do you wish for me to keep your post here?
– No, that’s fine, thank you.
“Idiot…” Ivy muttered under her breath.
As Nathaniel walked away, the two girls started whispering excitedly.
– Oh my God, is that him?! The one you told me about?!
– Yes, that’s him! Isn’t he, like, totally hot??
– You bet!
– And he’s even remembered my name, can you believe that??
– And he’s so classy too!
“He’s also very good in bed.”
– You have no clue, haven’t you?
– About what?
– The receptionist making goo-goo eyes at you.
– Huh? Where does that come from?
Suddenly, Ivy pressed the emergency button and the lift brutally came to a halt between two floors. “What do you think you’re doing?!”
“Nate, I’ve had enough.”
– You haven’t touched me since you came back from your little trip. What am I supposed to understand?
– Ivy, listen…
– I don’t wanna listen, I want action.
“Just give me some time, ok?… It’s not easy for me either. There are things… I’ve got to put behind to be able to move on.”
– … It begins to make sense. Did you run into your ex by any chance?
“Ok… That’s what I suspected then. Just how long were you planning to keep it from me?”
– Ivy, please… There’s nothing going on between us, not anymore. I only wanted to spare you the…
– Don’t take me for a fool! You’re all lies, just like the others!
– I’m not lying!
– Obviously not! The body can’t lie, huh? That’s why you won’t touch me!
– If you were honest to yourself, you’d just admit it: you still have feelings for her!
– But I’m ready to admit it! That doesn’t mean that I don’t love you!
– What did you just say…?
– A double negation. It means that I love you.
– Gosh, you’re a sly one. If I didn’t know you like I do, I’d say you’re lying again.
– But you believe me, right?
“I really want to believe you…”
– Hang on, ‘Mr. Golzine’. If you really love me like you pretend to, then why don’t you make love to me?
– Like, now?
– See anything else to do while we’re stuck in here?
– Nate… I was joking.
– Too bad. I wasn’t.