– Thank you for coming all the way here to celebrate together Drake’s birthday.
– Dad! You’ve got white hair like Santa Claus!
– I didn’t even know you had white hair and you’re my dad. I guess that means I don’t see you enough.
– I know, Drake. We’ll try to arrange a family meeting more often.
– You’re gonna make a fire?
– Yes, it is still cold outside you see?
“Need help?” Holly was actually surprised. She had always assumed Sebastian would never manage it on his own, but he had bought a house, seems to look after it properly and now he was even cooking.
“No, thanks. Go and sit at the table with Drake. It will be ready in a minute.”
– Wow. You even managed to make it edible.
– It’s not much though.
– Stop making a fuss. I’m actually impressed.
– Mum, dad? Don’t you think there is a smell of burning? Not from what dad cooked but…
… from the living room.
– Why do you even light a fire if you don’t know how to take care of it?!
– Shut up, Holly! Call the firefighters!
– Gimme that fire extinguisher, you good-for-nothing! You’ve only managed to set yourself on fire!
The rest was put out by the firefighters.
As for Sebastian, well… “Are you okay? You’re not hurt?”
– Leave me alone, I don’t want your pity! I know I can’t do a thing on my own!
– That’s… not what I was going to say…
“I’d like to make sure you’re alright. So go clean yourself, I’ll wait with Drake.”
– You look okay.
– Of course I’m okay. I’m a former athlete, I’m made of tougher stuff.
“You know… You’ve actually impressed me tonight. And not only because you cooked. The Sebastian that I know would have run away in front of the fire. You have tried to put it out by yourself. You’ve even given me orders.”
“To be honest, I was thinking about Drake… and you, all along.”
“Erm, mom? Dad? Where are you? I’m…”
– … aging up.
– I haven’t seen my son age up and that’s your fault!
– My fault?!