“You’re doing all the work by yourself, you know.”
– Sorry, which part would you like to do?
– I’m very tempted to say none. I should’ve kept my mouth shut.
– That’s what I thought.
– Oh alright, just hand me the encycl… huh?
– You were just joking when you said I’d pose for you, weren’t you? It was very cruel of you, making fun of me as if…
– Stop whining, I’ve had other priorities, that’s all.
– So can we set a date?
– Geez… I’ll contact you when I need you, how about that? Now go away, we’re working in case you hadn’t noticed.
– ‘When you need me’. I like the sound of that.
– You’re very obstinate, you know that?
– That’s why girls dig me.
– Obstinate and arrogant.
– Awww… what the hell did I do to deserve such a treatment?
– You know very well.
– You do look pretty arrogant though.
– What did you just say, you green head bitch?!
– Leave my friend alone! Now go and get lost, we have work to do!
– Ok, ok… Don’t get mad at me.
– You said there was something about me that you couldn’t like. Is it still true?…
– I’m glad your memory is suddenly back. From what I see, my statement still holds.
– But I’m surprised you remember what I told you that day.
– It’s always been at the back of my mind.
– But I haven’t given up yet, Emily baby. Tattooed hippie or not.
– Yeah, you’re sort of obstinate. I know.
– I’ll be in touch.
– How do you know each other exactly if I may ask?
– Sorry Tabitha, he’s someone I know from high school.
– ‘Someone you know’?
– Yeah, I’m nothing more than that, you see. And it wasn’t from lack of trying.
– Did you use to date him?
– Are you kidding? He forced me to kiss him once, that was more than enough.
– He’s been obsessed with me since then. He probably couldn’t stand to be turned down or something.
– He’s quite good-looking though. You’ve never tried to give him a chance?
– And give him what he wants? Thanks but no thanks.
At the end of the day, they usually joined Nick and others at their usual hang-out.
– Hey baby…
– Don’t call me like that.
“Can I spend the night at your place tonight?”