Party time for the SU students.
– Hey, Em. Looks who’s there.
– Oh… Fuck.
But it appeared very soon that Noah had other interests in mind.
– It didn’t take him long. World-champion chick magnet.
– Who cares what he does? Just don’t look at him.
“You gotta admit that it’s impressive.”
Tabitha left the floor to Emily and Nick when a slow dance was played.
And right under her nose, Noah and his night’s conquest.
And he didn’t seem to care about hiding anything.
– We’re at the forefront. I guess we should deem ourselves honored.
– Isn’t he the guy who tried to screw up my speech?
– Yeah, he’s sort of… an old acquaintance of mine.
– Is he annoying you?
– Not really.
– Well, he’s annoying me.
It took several attemps for Nick to get their attention. “Hey, get a room!”
The girl jumped from Noah’s lap.
– Oh sorry! We didn’t realize you were sitting there.
– Yeah, right.
– Oh but I knew you were there.
– I guessed as much. What was your point?
– Making you uncomfortable of course.
– Of course. What’s your problem with me?
– Can’t stomach you, that’s all. What are you gonna do about it? Organize a protest?
– You little…
– Nick, stop it!
– You listen to me! I’m not letting you ruin my chances, got that?! I’m free to express my opinion!
– Just like I’m free to have my own and express it! Your ideas are backward!
– It’s because of people like you that our society is bound to disaster! You’re born with money and it’s all you can think about!
– You don’t know anything about me…
– Nick, please stop now…
– You have no idea what real poverty is like! Your stupid utopian ideas can only lead to anarchy!
– So you prefer sucking up to those who have money?! Is that your dream?
– Stop talking about fucking dreams and get down to earth!
– You’re one of those pampered bastards who think they know the lower class because they went to a community college, didn’t you?!
– Nick, that’s not true! He really is…
“I told you you knew nothing about me!”
“How dare you…?!”
– What are they, a bunch of primates?!
– Boys will be boys…
– Tabitha, how do you stop two men from fighting?
– You jump right in the middle, like in the movies.
“That might prove difficult…”
They somehow managed to disentangle them, and Noah left livid.
– Sorry about that. I usually don’t approve of violence.
– Yeah, there are times when you have to defend your opinion.
– Where are you going? What about me?
– You can follow me if you want. I will need to let off steam.
– Is that your new fancy? Reading in the hall?
– Deville threw me out. He’s got a girl with him.
– A what?!
– They’re doing it right now, I warn you.
“Erm… excuse me?”
– Noah? Can you come down for a sec?
– Bit busy here.
– You come down right this minute.
– So what do you want? Be quick, there’s a lady waiting.
– You’ve got some nerve…
– What’s that on your face?
– You’ve been fighting as well?
“What are you, stupid?!”
– What’s it to you, what I do or don’t?
– There are rules, and my role is to make sure they are observed.
– Well, know what? Screw your rules!
– If you don’t follow them, there will be consequences, Noah.
– Like what? Expel me from the dorm? Like I care!
“I don’t think you fully realize the extent of those consequences! Do I have to remind you that you’re a scholarship student living on borrowed money?!”
“Not only can you lose your scholarship, but you can get also expelled from SU in no time!”
“I don’t know why I’m even doing this, but I’m giving you one last chance. Don’t let it go to waste.”