Somewhere in Appaloosa Plains…
– What do you think, Marcello? Would you like to train him?
– He’s a good animal. That was really a bargain, dad.
– You could easily make a racehorse out of him.
– That was my thinking.
“Marcello, come over here!”
“There’s a guest for you!”
“Should I say that it’s a girl? Hehe.”
“You came all the way here to ask me that?!”
– See another way?
– You could’ve called me maybe?
– Oh yeah. Well, here I am.
– Listen… The reason why I left is that I didn’t feel like I belonged to that city. I had too many bad memories, do you understand? It has nothing to do with you.
– And you couldn’t simply explain that in the first place?
– But… haven’t they hired a replacement ?
– I don’t want him. I want my usual instructor.
– Have you found a place to stay yet?
– Nope, I didn’t plan anything.
– I’ll… ask my parents if you can use the guest room, if you’d like.
– I’d love to.
Meanwhile, in the kitchen… “Who is that girl??”
– She’s quite young, but she’s lively. If she came looking after him, do you think…?
– Your imagination is running wild, dear.
– But it’s the first time I’ve seen Marcello so flustered when he saw her.
– Have you been spying on them?
– What are you two mumbling about?
– It wasn’t me! Your mom did it…
– Did what?
– Right… Erm, she is one of my former pupils who came to say hi, and she hasn’t booked any hotel yet. Could she possibly use the guest room?
– B… but of course! She looks so nice! Right, darling?
– Erm, yeah.
– Thanks, mom. Maybe you should… go and tell her?
Before leaving the room after her son, Luisa Guerrini whispered excitedly to her husband: “She’s sleeping here!! Isn’t that a good sign?!”
Introductions were made.
– Are you sure it’s okay? I don’t want to impose myself…
– Of course it’s okay! Make yourself comfortable, dear.
– Hi, I’m Roberto.
– Nice to meet you, I’m Penelope.
– Wow, I love your hat!
– Thank you. It never leaves me.
– You mean you sleep with it on?
– Actually yes.