“Aaah… It’s good to be home at last.”
“Yeah, you gotta say those past few months have been like hell. You know, being every day with me and stuff. I understand your relief to finally see some loving faces around you.”
“Idiot. You know we’re going to move in together as soon as we both got a job. Don’t you dare get all needy now.”
– But I’m in need! I’m in danger in fact, my life source is going to be taken away from me! C’mon baby, give me at least a kiss…
– Wait! Where does that music come from?…
– What music…? Oh, that? There’s someone playing guitar somewhere, that’s all… What about my kiss?
– That sounds strangely familiar…
“Em… ily…? Baby?” *sigh*
“I knew it…”
– Tim, you’ve grown so much!
– Sis!! You’re back?! For real?!
– Was that a retake on dad’s older songs? It was good, you little rascal!
– Yeah, I started learning guitar. He’s got plenty of materials.
– By the way, shouldn’t you be at school right now?
– I was going to! I just, you know… inspiration came and I felt like playing and…
– Erm… mom and dad are away. They went to that charity event thingy early this morning. They’ll be back this afternoon.
– You’re cute, little bro. Changing the subject and hoping I wouldn’t notice. Don’t worry, I won’t stick my nose in your business.
“Huh… sis? Not that I mean to change the subject again but… there’s a weird guy staring at us behind you.”
“That would be my boyfriend, Noah. He just came back from SU with me.”
“So that’s the little brother, huh?…”
– Now that you’ve got your miniature bodyguard, I can leave you with a serene heart.
– Thanks for coming all the way here.
– Happy to be your luggage carrier.
“Geez… Will I ever get that kiss, you heartless wench?”
– And you know… if you’ve forgotten to say something, even something trivial like ‘I love you’, you know my number.
– I love you, stoopid.
“See ya around.”
– I don’t like that guy.
– I didn’t like him at first either. But he’s actually quite endearing when you get to know him. Come on, Tim, don’t judge too fast. Besides, he’s Belinda’s boyfriend’s brother.
– Really?… You know Belinda’s moved in with him, right?
– Of course, they’re engaged I believe? She was too excited last time I had her over the phone, I could barely figure out what she was saying.
– Yeah, she’s been waiting for your return to get married. Anyway, you can have the bedroom to yourself now.
– Oh, I won’t stay for long. Just the time for me to find a job, and then I’ll get an apartment.
– On your own?
– With Noah, silly.
– Weren’t you about to go to school?