At 11pm, one thing was sure: Tim wouldn’t get any audience. But he didn’t really care, he had just found a good vibe.
“I should be heading home soon though…”
– What’s that stuff you’re playing?
– It’s called improvisation.
“I like how your impro sounds.”
“Holy shit, that was something!”
– Let’s make a band, mate.
– Sorry but… who are you anyway?
“First things first, I guess. The name’s Kyle.”
– And I’m Tim. What was that about making a band?
– I’m dead serious.
– Lemme go and grab my guitar at my place, we’ll improvise together. You’ll see what I mean.
– I don’t know, it’s already late and…
– Oh well… I guess I can make a quick detour.
– That’s the spirit!
Quick detour alright… They were still playing at the break of dawn.
“Hey, I think the sun’s up.”
“Woops. I didn’t realize that! Let me check out something.”
– That’s what I feared. 47 missed calls.
– Your mother?
– Worse: my dad. Better call him now.
– H… hi dad? Yeah, I’m coming home now… I’m sorry but I met someone and… No, it’s not a girl! Yeah, right now.
– Haha! Way to go, daddy!
– Whatever, it’s 6am, Tim!
– I know… I’m sorry, okay? I told you that it was special.
– I don’t care if you thought it was special! You didn’t even bother to call us!
– But dad, you should understand! You know how it goes, I thought you were a musician! Inspiration just doesn’t strike out of nowhere…
– That does it. You’re grounded until further notice.
– You can’t do that! I’m just about to start a band! There are so many things…
– I can and I will.
“Shit. Shit shit SHIT.”