Another day is born.
But the sun is not exactly shining on the Leneuf household.
– How is he?
– The doctor says he’ll be fine now. But another stroke might prove fatal.
– Gabriel, I told him repeatedly, I knew this would happen…
– Sorry mum, it’s ringing. Just a sec.
– You can’t be going to the office now?!
– Not right now. Hang on.
“Yeah, I asked her to postpone the meeting, I can’t make it this morning… Family affairs. Sorry, please do… Ok, bye now.”
– Is Amelia here?
– She’s upstairs with him and Giselle.
– Oh right. She’s still in maternity leave.
“Don’t worry mum. He’s sleeping peacefully.”
– Hi sis.
– Hello, brother. Strange circumstances for a family gathering, huh?
– He doesn’t look as bad as I expected.
– You think so? Isn’t he too pale? Oooh, maybe I shouldn’t say anything after all…
– Say what, mum?
– Never mind! It’s nothing…
– Come on mum, don’t be so pessimistic. He’ll be alright…
– But… I haven’t told him yet… I can’t…
– Told him what?
– Oooh Gabriel, what am I going to do…?
– For God’s sake, mum! What is the matter?!
– I… I got a call from Anna.
– … what?
“Martin passed away last night…”
It was stormy and he was having a walk in the garden.
When Anna realized it, it was already too late. Death had claimed him.
She called his name to no avail.
It always happens too quickly.