*knock knock* – “Come on in.”
– Can Mr. Superbusy Golzine spare five minutes for me?
– I’m leaving in 15 minutes but tell me.
– I’m sorry, should I have taken an appointment?
– Stop it with the irony, and spill the beans already.
– You’re right, I should spare you. Especially since I’m about to ask for a favor.
– A favor? Ok, now you have my attention.
– You know how I’ve never come up with an answer to the question ‘What am I going to do with my life’?
– Oh, that discussion…
– Yeah well, I know it’s hard to figure out for someone as perfect as you, but it’s not easy being talentless. There’s nothing I can do, and whatever the option, I see myself failing miserably.
– Are you still being ironic or are you actually serious this time?
– Let me ignore that. So it occurred to me that… instead of starting something of my own and making a fool of myself, the best solution would be to work for you.
– Beg your pardon?
– Like, you know, partners in crime or something?
– Now I know you can’t be serious. When I told you I could help, that’s not what I had in mind. It’s out of the question, Ivy.
– What are you afraid of? I’ve recently been taking shooting lessons, you know. I’m not that clumsy with a gun anymore.
– That’s not the problem.
“I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
“Very cute, Nate. But it’s not the answer I expected. I’ll have to take drastic measures.”
– What are you doing exactly?
– I’m bribing you.
– N… not a chance.
– I like that hesitation. It’s going in the right direction.
– The answer will still be ‘no’, even after I’m done with you.
– Can’t you see that I’m the one in control here?
“I doubt it. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you, Ivy.”
“This is all part of my scheme, dumbass. ”
“At least that part worked, I owe you that…”
“Hey boss, the car’s…”
“Oops, sorry, didn’t know you were busy.”
“Darn, that guy… He’s never learned how to knock on a door.”
– I should use the security locking system more often, but I never expected to be in this situation…
– It’s okay…
“I offer you my apologies. I’m glad we were interrupted. I don’t like your idea, neither do I like the whole concept of manipulation. I only hope you didn’t throw yourself at me only because you wanted a positive answer.”
– I’d rather be considered manipulative than a delicate little thing that has to be protected.
– Ivy, you’ve got the wrong idea about me.
– You’ve got it all wrong as well. Go. Your car’s waiting.