First public concert at the Red Roof for Sunrise on Pluto (the name was Tim’s suggestion)!
… and Tim!
The audience mainly consisted of teens from their school.
All of them discovered their existence for the first time.
And for some, it was obviously more than a revelation.
“Amber…? Pssst! Come, quick!”
“Please, Amber… I don’t know what to do.”
– Amber, I’m begging you! Stop drooling over that guy and stay with me!
– Oh, alright… what are you freaking out about?
– He’s here!
– Xavier! My neighbor!
– Oh, your crush…
– Oh my God, he’s looking this way… I think he’s seen me!
– Isn’t that good? Go and talk to him.
– I would never dare…
Amber whispered “Chicken” under her breath as Xavier walked to them.
– I know you, right?
– Erm… yes. I live next door. Next door to you, I mean, not next door to here!
“I see you often on your bike. Your name is… Piper, I believe?”
– You know my name?
– Well, yes. You seem surprised.
– I have a twin sister and people always get our names wrong.
– I’m glad I had it right then. I’m Xavier, for your reference.
– Oh I know…
– You should come over someday. I’ll show you the car I’m working on.
“That… that’d be awesome!”
Love was definitely in the air. “Aunt Laura?”
– Drake hasn’t spoken to me yet…
– I know how you feel. I haven’t had my drink yet and it’s been ages since I ordered.
– Do you sometimes think about something else than alcohol?
– No, because it is my only pleasure in life.
– You’ll get an ulcer!
– Carpe diem. Now what is it about that douchebag not talking to you?
– Why are you always insulting him? You don’t even know him.
– Trust me, I have a long enough experience of douchebags to know one when I see one.
– You’re impossible. Well, if he doesn’t come, I’ll come to him.
– Yeah, do that. Live happily ever after.
– Hey Drake, your darling’s coming right up! If you don’t plan on rejecting her, why don’t you try and kiss her?
– Hi Drake.
– Yeah, hi…
– It was a good concert, huh?
“I’ll leave you two alone, you obviously have a loooot of things to say to each other. Right, Drake?”
“So erm… yeah. Why are you following me around?”
– I’m not following you around…
– Could’ve fooled me.
– Okay well… maybe I do.
“But that’s probably because I like you very much…”
“So huh… is it okay with you?”
– You’re rather cute.
– Wow… what was that?
– A first kiss.
– How about a second one?
Meanwhile, in another corner of the bar…
– We were lame.
– Huh, I beg to differ, mate.
– Stop being such a goddamn perfectionist! Yes, we made a few mistakes, and no one noticed anything. They loved the whole show, for crying out loud!
– Mistakes are not allowed during a live session. We should have rehearsed more…
– Look, I don’t know what your issue is but…
– Sorry to interrupt…
– I loved your music.
“Oh, th… thanks! You were on the front row, weren’t you?”
“Yes, I was. And now I’m wondering if I could start a fan club or something?”
“But I’d need your phone number…”
– M… Mine? You don’t want the others’ too?
– (Kyle from behind) Oh never mind me.
“I’m Amber. Call me when you have other jigs, my father works as a technician for a record company. I can make sure you have a full room.”
– That’s great, thanks for the help.
– No trouble at all!
– Is there something else?
“I’ll be your number one fan.”
– Well, well…
– Aren’t you quite the Romeo? Geez, you’ll get all the chicks for yourself. I should’ve known better when I asked you to make a band.
– I… that was not… I didn’t…
– And that babe is super hot too. You lucky bastard…
– But really… I’m not sure she’s my type.
– Not your type? Are you friggin’ kidding me?! Are you with girls like you are with music?! That girl is a stunner.
– Yes, she’s very beautiful but… it’s just that… I’m very confused and embarrassed right now, okay?
– Boy, seriously, I’d kill to be in your shoes… what’s your type then?
– I don’t know… a girl who lives in her own world? Kind of dreamy? A bit different?
– Well, that chick certainly is. She’s on another level altogether, Mr. Fussy Pants.