“Hey kiddo… It’s going to be okay, I promise.”
– How can it be okay? I hadn’t finished my apprenticeship, and now she’s gone… What is to become of me?
– We’re going to look into that, ok? There… there must be someone to contact in that situation, right?
– And why didn’t she tell me anything, if she knew it was going to happen?…
– Yeah, that’s… very bad of her. But you know how Martha was, there were so many things we didn’t know about her.
“Young mistress, Sir… I sincerely deplore this terrible loss and I share your grief…”
“… but my late mistress left a letter to the attention of the Young mistress.”
– Couldn’t you say so earlier?
– Beg your pardon, Sir.
– Don’t stay there, you’ll get soaked. What does the letter say?
– She… she says she couldn’t tell me because that was part of the anti-aging spell she was under.
– Oh… Well at least, that makes sense.
– She seems to think I’m talented enough and don’t need her anymore. She leaves me her house.
– Isn’t that good? You can take over her elixir shop.
– She’s wrong. I’m not ready at all. I’m only 18, I don’t know half of the stuff I should know.
– What do you intend to do then?
– She mentions a coven in Midnight Hollow where I’m supposed to formally introduce myself as a new witch.
“I’m gonna go there and tell them I can’t do it.”
“I think you’re giving up a little bit too early, but I’ll respect your decision.”
“Midnight Hollow, huh? They’re a bunch of weirdos. Tell me if you need a bodyguard.”
– Thank you, Mr. Wolf.
– Call me Ralph.