Life runs its course for all.
– What the heck did that devious Theo Golzine do to my house?
– I made an enquiry at the city hall and they said it’s going to be a commercial lot. They didn’t know any more than that.
– Oh, daddy…
– Well, it was an expensive lot and you sold it for even more than what it was worth…
– You cannot understand, Gabriel. This was the Golzine manor… the heritage of the pure blood!
– Oh, daddy!
– Didn’t you rather receive it as a donation? And it stays in the Golzine family after all.
– So be it. I will cherish my memories deep down inside.
– You hated that house, though.
“Aaah… it’s a crying shame.”
“Tara, would you call me a coward?”
“It’s no fun without you, Sam…”
“You know… I’m not as smart as you were, so I can’t really influence society with money like you used to do. But I think I’ve finally found a way to protest for myself.”
“I’ll show you. Think of it as a tribute.”
“The finishing touch…”
“What do you think, gramps? They say I’ve got a gift.”
“Art will be my weapon.”
“What are you doing?! Stop that, Amber!”
– S-sorry… You don’t like it?
– I don’t like you clinging to me as if…
– … as if I were your idol or something.
– But you are my idol, Tim. I truly admire you.
“See? You keep saying these things, it’s embarrassing. Maybe we should… you know, take a break.”
“You can’t be serious…”
“It can’t be happening…”
Heartbreak hotel for more than one…
“I told you so. They’re all scumbags, but that one looked like a perfect specimen.”
“I know, aunt Laura. I should’ve listened to you.”
“Men are worthless creatures. Now, can I have my bed back?”
“So you’ll become a French teacher? Thanks to Johan? But that’s wonderful news, Benjamin!”
“Oh you know… for now, it will only be private lessons, but I’m hoping to get hired by a school at some point.”
“With Annabelle studying fine arts and you headed on the path to independence… I’m so proud of you both.”
– Thomas would’ve been too if he hadn’t…
– Aww, grandma… Here you go again.
“I’m taking you out to cheer you up, now give me a smile, will you?”
“You’re back! I’ve missed you!”
“I’ve missed you too… son.”
– What’s all that stuff?
– It’s a cake, Adge! For your birthday!
– Yeah, dad!
– As if it was something to celebrate in the first place…
– You having a foot further down the grave is something to celebrate.
– You’ll die of lung cancer before me, man.
– So? Am I still cool in your eyes, dollie?
– You always are!
– And you’re still a dirty cop.
– Go fuck yourself, Seth.
– It’s finally looking less like a dump and more like an actual car.
– I take that as a compliment.
“Care for a ride?”
– I don’t know if you accept old hags onboard.
– C’mon Carmen…
– Now what? Are we going somewhere?
– Seventh heaven, baby.
– What do you mean, seventh heaven?
– You know very well what I mean.
– But… the kids are playing just around the corner!
– Right. Better be careful then.
Time ticked for the last time for Rose Wong.
“I’m coming, Yann… Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long.”
– Fei-shi, wait!
– No! Let me go!!
– My grand-mother was the only one who loved me! And now she’s dead! Like it or not, I’m gonna get wasted tonight. I need it!
– I understand your pain, but…
– No, you don’t. Goodbye.
– Please don’t do anything so rash!
“You have no idea what’s out there…”
A life traded for another… “Isn’t she beautiful? Little Samira…”
– Oooh, look at that! It’s the claw!
– Haha, stop it dad! She’s too small.
– No claw?
– Well… I don’t know much about babies, but she’s just a few hours old.
– She cannot even hold her head, Youssef. Get away from her.
– My princess, your mom and I have been talking lately.
– Wow, that’s a first. What have you been talking about?
– Errm… the weather?
– The weather?
– Yeah, how that weather is depressing, and how it would be nice to be under the Egyptian sun…
– Is that a hint? ’cause it’s not very subtle.
– But… you know? We sort of… want to move back to Egypt. For our old days, you know?
– And I think it’s a splendid idea.
– You… you think so?
“Awwww… Boy, am I bushed.”
Same time, same hospital. “Fei-shi!”
– Stop making such a ruckus! I passed out in a bar, that’s all. I’m fine.
– You really ought to stop drinking so much…
– Don’t worry. I’ll have to stop drinking altogether.
– Oh? That’s…
“I’m pregnant, Liang.”
“I’m pregnant, and I know it’s yours because I haven’t even slept with any other guy.”
“That was part of the deal anyway, wasn’t it?”
Tagged: abby golzine, adeline moya, adrian savigny, amber fangmann, amina nagi, annabelle duval, benjamin duval, candice hamming, carmen benavides, cordelia savigny, daisy fleury, dounia zayat, drake striker, erik zay, fei wong, gabriel leneuf, jessica lazlo, jonathan leneuf, laura leneuf, liang wong, rose wong, samira strickland, seth zay, timothy golzine, viggo golzine, youssef nagi, yu wong, zachary strickland