Life runs its course for all.
– What the heck did that devious Theo Golzine do to my house?
– I made an enquiry at the city hall and they said it’s going to be a commercial lot. They didn’t know any more than that.
– Oh, daddy…
– Well, it was an expensive lot and you sold it for even more than what it was worth…
– You cannot understand, Gabriel. This was the Golzine manor… the heritage of the pure blood!
– Oh, daddy!
– Didn’t you rather receive it as a donation? And it stays in the Golzine family after all.
– So be it. I will cherish my memories deep down inside.
– You hated that house, though.
“Aaah… it’s a crying shame.”
“Tara, would you call me a coward?”
“It’s no fun without you, Sam…”
“You know… I’m not as smart as you were, so I can’t really influence society with money like you used to do. But I think I’ve finally found a way to protest for myself.”
“I’ll show you. Think of it as a tribute.”
“The finishing touch…”
“What do you think, gramps? They say I’ve got a gift.”
“Art will be my weapon.”
“What are you doing?! Stop that, Amber!”
– S-sorry… You don’t like it?
– I don’t like you clinging to me as if…
– … as if I were your idol or something.
– But you are my idol, Tim. I truly admire you.
“See? You keep saying these things, it’s embarrassing. Maybe we should… you know, take a break.”
“You can’t be serious…”
“It can’t be happening…”
Heartbreak hotel for more than one…
“I told you so. They’re all scumbags, but that one looked like a perfect specimen.”
“I know, aunt Laura. I should’ve listened to you.”
“Men are worthless creatures. Now, can I have my bed back?”
“So you’ll become a French teacher? Thanks to Johan? But that’s wonderful news, Benjamin!”
“Oh you know… for now, it will only be private lessons, but I’m hoping to get hired by a school at some point.”
“With Annabelle studying fine arts and you headed on the path to independence… I’m so proud of you both.”
– Thomas would’ve been too if he hadn’t…
– Aww, grandma… Here you go again.
“I’m taking you out to cheer you up, now give me a smile, will you?”
“You’re back! I’ve missed you!”
“I’ve missed you too… son.”
– What’s all that stuff?
– It’s a cake, Adge! For your birthday!
– Yeah, dad!
– As if it was something to celebrate in the first place…
– You having a foot further down the grave is something to celebrate.
– You’ll die of lung cancer before me, man.
– So? Am I still cool in your eyes, dollie?
– You always are!
– And you’re still a dirty cop.
– Go fuck yourself, Seth.
– It’s finally looking less like a dump and more like an actual car.
– I take that as a compliment.
“Care for a ride?”
– I don’t know if you accept old hags onboard.
– C’mon Carmen…
– Now what? Are we going somewhere?
– Seventh heaven, baby.
– What do you mean, seventh heaven?
– You know very well what I mean.
– But… the kids are playing just around the corner!
– Right. Better be careful then.
Time ticked for the last time for Rose Wong.
“I’m coming, Yann… Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long.”
– Fei-shi, wait!
– No! Let me go!!
– My grand-mother was the only one who loved me! And now she’s dead! Like it or not, I’m gonna get wasted tonight. I need it!
– I understand your pain, but…
– No, you don’t. Goodbye.
– Please don’t do anything so rash!
“You have no idea what’s out there…”
A life traded for another… “Isn’t she beautiful? Little Samira…”
– Oooh, look at that! It’s the claw!
– Haha, stop it dad! She’s too small.
– No claw?
– Well… I don’t know much about babies, but she’s just a few hours old.
– She cannot even hold her head, Youssef. Get away from her.
– My princess, your mom and I have been talking lately.
– Wow, that’s a first. What have you been talking about?
– Errm… the weather?
– The weather?
– Yeah, how that weather is depressing, and how it would be nice to be under the Egyptian sun…
– Is that a hint? ’cause it’s not very subtle.
– But… you know? We sort of… want to move back to Egypt. For our old days, you know?
– And I think it’s a splendid idea.
– You… you think so?
“Awwww… Boy, am I bushed.”
Same time, same hospital. “Fei-shi!”
– Stop making such a ruckus! I passed out in a bar, that’s all. I’m fine.
– You really ought to stop drinking so much…
– Don’t worry. I’ll have to stop drinking altogether.
– Oh? That’s…
“I’m pregnant, Liang.”
“I’m pregnant, and I know it’s yours because I haven’t even slept with any other guy.”
“That was part of the deal anyway, wasn’t it?”